Where can I buy my Ticket?
Is there parking available?
Yes. For Downtown Charleston Liberty Square’s Fort Sumter Visitors Center the adjacent Aquarium Wharf garage is recommended. Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum has adjacent parking for $5/day/vehicle.
- Ramps used to access the ferry can vary based on tides and adverse conditions. Due to this, the ferry departing from downtown Charleston or Patriots Point is not always fully accessible. To ensure that your visit will be fully accessible, we recommend that you contact the concessioner, Fort Sumter Tours, on the day of your visit at (843) 722-2628.
No Elevator Service at Fort Sumter
- The museum, restrooms, bookstore and top level of Fort Sumter are only accessible by climbing stairs. For more information, visit the link below or please call (843-) 883-3123. More
Restrooms at Fort Sumter
- Restrooms at Fort Sumter are closed during the 9:30 boat visit from Liberty Square. Please plan to use the restrooms located on the boat during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
How much does the day time tour cost?
|Children under 3||FREE|
Where are the departure points?
Liberty Square’s Fort Sumter Visitors Center, 340 Concord St. Charleston, SC 29401
Patriots Point, 40 Patriots Point Road, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.
What are the departure times?
|Date / Time||Liberty Square - Downtown Charleston||Patriots Point -
|Jan 2 – Feb 28||11:00 am, 2:30 pm||1:00 pm|
|Mar 1 – Mar 14||9:30 am, 12:00 pm & 2:30 pm||10:30 am & 1:00 pm|
|Mar 15 – Aug 20 & Labor Day Weekend||9:30 am, 12:00 pm, 2:30 pm & 4:00 pm||10:30 am, 1:00 pm & 3:30 pm**|
|Aug 21 – Nov 30||9:30 am, 12:00 pm, 2:30 pm||10:30 am & 1:00 pm|
|Dec 1 – Dec 24||11:00 am, & 2:30 pm||1:00 pm|
|Dec 26 – Dec 31||9:30 am, 12:00 pm & 2:30 pm||10:30 am & 1:00 pm|
|Thanksgiving, Dec 25 & Jan 1||No Tours Available||No Tours Available|
Please note, boats will depart promptly!
How long does the tour last?
The total tour time is 2 1/4 hours with about 1 hour spent on the fort.
May I bring alcohol onto the boat and Fort Sumter?
Bringing outside alcoholic beverages onto the boats and Fort Sumter is strictly prohibited. Beer and wine will be available for purchase on the return boat trip only. Intoxicated visitors are not allowed on the Fort.
- Fort Sumter Tours tickets are 100% refundable if cancelled 2 hours in advance of the departure time. If tickets are cancelled less than 2 hours from departure time they are non-refundable. Fort Sumter Tours will cruise in most weather conditions all-year round. Time on the Fort may be impacted by weather at the discretion of the National Park Service.
Sunset at Fort Sumter Cruises:
- Cancellations with refunds accepted up to 24-hours in-advance.